ILG &L LMA Young Professionals Virtual Boot Camp Series
In light of current events, and the postponement of our annual ILG conference in London, we put together a virtual ILG & LMA Young Professionals Boot Camp. The focus of this series of webinars is to address key issues of importance to new and young insurance professionals. Presenters guide participants through case studies and interactive sessions that will help you learn the essentials of effective claims management and understand the many issues that impact your day-to-day work. Watch now!
Technology and the Gig Economy
In our first webinar of the ILG & LMA Young Professionals Virtual Boot Camp Series our panellists provided a comprehensive overview of the digital revolution and how emerging technologies will impact business and professions. They also addressed the legislative, regulatory, and socio-economic risks and opportunities that they present for the insurance market. The gig economy, agile working and AI and robotics were also discussed, as well as the risks and opportunities that they present for the insurance market.
- Amy Nesbitt, Principal Associate, Weightmans
- Will Healy, Associate, Weightmans
Making effective use of external counsel and TPAs
In our second webinar our panellists discussed the creation and maintenance of efficiencies amongst claims handlers, TPA’s and their counsel. Topics included the appointment of counsel, proper file preparation, working with your TPA, the management of litigation and effective communication strategies.
- Kirsty Coates, Claims Adjuster – Property, Antares Managing Agency
- Larry Reimer, Partner, Blaney McMurtry
- Matthew Cooper, Senior Claims Adjuster, Riverstone
- Steven Jones, AVP for TPA Services, Vanguard
The New Normal
In our last webinar of the ILG & LMA Young Professionals Virtual Boot Camp Series our panellists look ahead, pondering on what we have learned, what we have improved and what the immediate future may well have in store for the insurance industry and those working in it.
- Lee Elliston, Claims Director, Lloyd’s Market Association
- James Cole, Attorney, Marshall Dennehey
- Pamela Freeland, Associate, Weightmans
- Sheel Sawhney, Group Head of Claims, Brit
- Daniel Silverman, Senior Manager, PwC